Our 2017 – 2018 Season
Join us for St. Martin’s 2017 – 2018 season – our 24th!
• The season starts with the St. Martin’s Festival Singers in an all a cappella program featuring a Mass for two unequal choirs by Louis Spohr and A Pageant of Human Life by 20th-century composer Granville Bantock.
• In October music influenced or inspired by the Protestant Reformation, in this its 500th anniversary year.
• December of course brings Christmas with St. Martin’s, this season featuring Benjamin Britten’s A Boy was Born. The Christmas cantata A Winter’s Night by Cecilia McDowall (b. 1951) will feature organ and opportunity for audience participation. Christmas with St. Martin’s. A Denver tradition!
• February has St. Martin’s teaming up with the Colorado Wind Ensemble for music of Anton Bruckner and a world premiere by Daniel Kellogg!
• In April there will be music by fathers and sons – Mozart (Leopold and Wolfgang) and Scarlatti (Alessandro and Domenico). Members of the Baroque Chamber Orchestra of Colorado join St. Martin’s.
• Herbert Howells never quite fully recovered from the death of his 9-year-old son Michael in 1935. An outpouring of music helped the father deal with his crushing grief. Principal among these works is his Requiem, penned intermittently between the 1930’s and 50’s. Showing the sketches of these intensely private works to Vaughan Williams in the 50’s, the latter persuaded him to publish them. St. Martin’s season closes with Howells’ Requiem, one of the most moving compositions ever put to paper.
You are invited to listen to Maestro Krueger talking about the season:
More details, venues and the link to the season subscriber ticket order form can all be found on our CONCERTS/TICKETS page. Single tickets will not go on sale until mid-August 2017. Why not secure an entire season of fabulous St. Martin’s music now! For further information, contact us at 303-298-1970 or through info@StMartinsChamberChoir.org.